Global Exclusive: Dark Internet Mail Environment (D.I.M.E.) UPDATE!

First off, I am a huge supporter and believer in Silent Circle. In my opinion comparing Silent Circle to any free encryption service is like comparing a high profile law firm to an overworked legal aid attorney, working for the public defender. Both are qualified, however, if your life is on the line, who do you want representing you?
So that takes me to this blog post. Earlier this week Proton Email announced that the public can now access some strong cyber encryption for email that is end to end. Note that they do have a business model which charges money. That is a good thing!
 So upon hearing the news, I made a request to the Silent Circle press office to find out about the "D.I,M.E." project. I included my Silent Circle contact information and soon after had received a Silent Circle text from their Chief Strategy Officer Vic Hyder. He soon responded by email and this is the information he provided. 


"Will Silent Circle continue with the DarkMail Project? Short answer is yes.

Although ProtonMail is about as secure as email can be, leveraging PGP and basing out of Switzerland, it does not solve the inherent insecurities that email has. That's not ProtonMail's fault. Email as a system requires certain information available outside the encrypted folder to route correctly.

DarkMail has been set aside on our Roadmap as we focus hard on delivering enterprise level privacy to our members around the world via the Silent Phone app, Blackphones, and our Management services."

End of report

Popular Posts