FIRST Utility...and the drought.

Some people wonder why they never hear of First Utility in the news. In fact, my dad asked me just that question  a couple months ago. "Well dad, to be honest, they are probably most professional, well organized Utility board in the state. I went to one of their board meetings and I got a press packet, I mean a real chock full of thick information that answered every question I could image and even some questions that I couldn't image. So fast forward to last night. I sent the utility company a question about the water supply and sure enough, before I even rolled out of bed this morning, this company had one of their experts in the field email me. I will be going to the board meeting and speaking at public forum. I will be thanking them for an awesome job...Here is their response...

---Response from First Utility----
It is my understanding that you have questions about how the drought is effecting water supply and the need for either voluntary or mandatory water use restrictions.  Fortunately for First Utility District the water supply we use as a source for our water treatment plant comes from the Tennessee River.  Other systems that are currently asking for voluntary conservation use smaller streams and rivers and thus have much smaller volumes to pull from.  Those systems will always be the first effected during a drought.  In order for our system to be effected there would have to be a much longer and more sustained period of drought which would cause the TN River to suffer a significant reduction in volume, something we do not foresee occurring anytime soon.

I hope this answers your question.  If you need for information either myself or one of our technical experts will be more than happy to try and get you the answer.  Thanks

Bruce Giles
General Manager 

Popular Posts